Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Anthropo.... scientist?

I've never completely understood Anthropologie.  I say understood because I always feel like I'm missing something when I walk in there, because nothing appeals to me.  While I'm gawping like an idiot, brainy-looking, dark-rimmed-eye-glass wearing ladies with immaculately straight perfectly tousled pixie and short ironic librarian haircuts go hunting in the racks,  and I'm standing there thinking, "derrrrr...." in a monotone.

But there are some things that no matter how much explanation I got, I would never ever understand.  Like this amusing number.  It looks pretty cool at the get-go, but then you get to the hem.  It is buttoned wrong.  I don't care how smart Anthropologie shoppers look; your cardigan is off by a button.  

Why the hell would you want to look like a scientist??!?!  With your perfect specs and hair  and girlishly quirky tastes, WHY would you aspire to that level of peculiarity? 

...Maybe that's why it's on sale...?

No comments:

Post a Comment